Thursday, December 20, 2012

About some things

Mono is a very curious sickness, very unlike anything I've ever had before. It literally gives me an excuse to be slow and lazy all day. Of course it is very convenient that this happens to be my Holiday break.
I realized awhile ago that this is the first time in my young adult life where I have a block of time to do nothing. I have no school work to worry about, no job to worry about, no drama to worry about, no immediate-thingy-I-need-to-attend-to to worry about, no boys to worry about, no nothin'...

Well to be fair, I am well-known for being a worry wart of some kind. So naturally I'm choosing to worry about the silliest of things, like how I need to finish my book on Clementine Churchill so I can read the book about scrupulosity that my mom recommended to me.. or that I need to learn like three piano songs for whatever reason, or that I know I messed up on the Music Theory I final because I was unsure about some things and looked at my theory notebook later (the notebook which GAVE ME MONO, more on that later) and I realized that I did quite a few things wrong on the Final blah blah blah puppies and America and youtube blah blah blah....

Whatever, naw, I've done enough worrying in this past year then anybody should ever have to do in a lifetime.

I am consistently overwhelmed whenever I stop to think about how much I've changed in the past year. If I have learned anything from the year 2012, it's that life is beautifully unpredictable. The end. And it should be that way. I am a very different person then the Alice of 2011. Oh, I can be brutally nostalgic about everything. To be honest, I don't really have a real liking for Christmas. Any excitement with that went out the window somewhere in my mid-teens.. Yeah sure it's great and all, but let's just say my family put up a tree, put some lights on it.. and kinda have left it, and we don't really care because we're all to busy to finish it and we know we'll be to busy to take it all down in less then a week. But anyway..
No, New Years has got to be my favorite holiday.
Like I said before, I tend to get awfully nostalgic, thinking about the past year.. All the things that were learned, how far I had come, and had situations had brutally changed so unexpectedly. People often get so annoyed with me during this. Actually I feel that I am annoying to most people all the time anyway, so psshhaawww. I have big mouth that sometimes talks before hitting my brain.

My darling friend Katie Erickson recently told me that I'm probably the most impulsive person she knows. I was about to argue that point, but then realized I could not. Katie and I had some interesting adventures in high school that really justifies her statement. And, it has been proven that it is a dangerous and most annoying occurrence when I get rather intoxicated. The last drunken incident has resulted in my friends being very insistent that I never drink again.. There is no filter on my mouth, and I suppose it can be disastrous in a room full of people. Okay, fine. Let that be a warning to you all.

Brutal honesty can be a dangerous weapon. I've made way to many wounds with it.

Anyhow, yes, New Years is approaching fast. I do not know if I will be able to attend any shenanigans, due to the mono weighing me down. If I do, I'm either going to Portland with Aaron Cochrane or Pullman with Sam Logan. Probably the latter, and I'll probably make Aaron take me... he doesn't know that yet.

Tired. Gonna stop thinking.

AMERICA

-Alice Margaret    





 

No comments:

Post a Comment